Szechwan Beef Burgers with Sweet and Hot Sauce
- BURGER PATTIES
- 1 tablespoon Szechwan Seasoning or to taste*
- 1 teaspoon finely grated fresh ginger
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons Water
- 1/4 cup Laura Scudder's® Old Fashioned Nutty Peanut Butter
- 1 1/4 pounds ground beef chuck
- SWEET AND HOT SAUCE
- 1/2 cup Smucker's® Apricot Preserves
- 1/4 cup Smucker's® Red Plum Jam
- 2 teaspoons white vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon finely grated fresh ginger
- Crushed red pepper flakes to taste
- No-Stick Cooking Spray
- 2 cups prepared fried rice, warmed
- Cilantro, chopped for garnish
- Step 1
COMBINE Szechwan seasoning, ginger, soy sauce, water and peanut butter in a medium bowl. Crumble ground beef over mixture. Gently combine the ingredients. Shape meat into eight (4-inch) patties. Refrigerate.
- Step 2
COMBINE apricot preserves, plum jam, vinegar, ginger and pepper flakes in small mixing bowl.
- Step 3
COAT unheated grill grate with no-stick cooking spray. Heat grill to medium-high (350° to 400°F). Grill patties 3 to 5 minutes per side or until juices run clear. To serve, place 1/2 cup of warm fried rice onto each plate. Top with 2 burgers, garnish with sweet and hot sauce and cilantro.