Moroccan Peanut Couscous with Peas
- 2 tablespoons Canola Oil
- 1/2 cup chopped onions
- 1/2 cup chopped red or green bell pepper
- 2-3 cloves minced garlic
- 1 1/2 cups chicken or vegetable broth
- 1/2 cup Laura Scudder's® Old Fashioned Nutty Peanut Butter
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- Salt and pepper
- 1 10 oz. package frozen peas (tiny deluxe, if possible)
- 1 cup couscous
- Step 1
HEAT canola oil in a 2-1/2 or 3 quart saucepan over medium heat. Add the onions, bell pepper, and garlic.
- Step 2
COOK until just translucent. Add the broth and bring to a boil.
- Step 3
WHISK in the peanut butter and cumin. Blend well.
- Step 4
SEASON with salt and pepper as needed. Add peas and bring to a boil.
- Step 5
STIR in couscous and return to a boil, stirring constantly.
- Step 6
REMOVE from heat. Cover and let sit for about 5 minutes or until the liquid is absorbed.
- Step 7
FLUFF with a fork and serve. Enjoy!