California Sandwich Rounds
Prep Time 30 min
Cook Time N/A
- Peanutty Red Pepper Tofu Curry Spread
- 2 tablespoons Laura Scudder's® Old Fashioned Smooth Peanut Butter stirred
- 1 1/2 tablespoons tofu mayonnaise or lowfat mayonnaise
- 1/2 teaspoon Dijon Mustard
- 1 teaspoon Garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 1/8 teaspoon turmeric
- 3/4 cup firm tofu, well-drained
- 1/4 cup shredded carrots
- 1/4 cup coarsely chopped red pepper
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 4 multi-grain or whole wheat sandwich rounds
- Green leaf lettuce, washed and dried
- 1 (8 oz.) container thin sliced oven roasted turkey breast
- 1 ripe avocado, peeled, pitted and sliced
- 1/2 cup roasted red pepper strips
- Step 1
COMBINE peanut butter, mayonnaise, Dijon mustard, garlic powder, curry powder, turmeric and tofu in food processer container. Process until well combined. Place in medium bowl.
- Step 2
STIR in carrots and red peppers. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Step 3
SPREAD 1 heaping tablespoon Peanutty Red Pepper Tofu Curry Spread on tops and bottoms of sandwich rounds.
- Step 4
LAYER onto bottom sandwich rounds leaf lettuce, turkey, avocado, red pepper strips and the top sandwich round. Cut in half to serve.